Friday, March 21, 2014

GATE-CRASHING Oma's 'Hue's of Oz' Party... yep, you heard, kicking down that door...

OK, this may seem a little strange, but one of my favourite people in blogdom is having a party today, and like others I was given a perfectly sparkly invite, so yep, dusted off my sidebar & showed my allegiance and told others 'see ya there dude' I gussied myself up, checked who else was going, plucked my eyebrows, chucked on a bit of lippy & dark eyeliner (twice, I stuffed my eyeliner totally first try) you see I don't get asked out often, so when Oma says 'Let's Party' well I must admit, I get excited, I don't even eat that day, well maybe a nibble on a little dry wholemeal toast, but, as to S Q U E E Z E into my black wiggle dress, ebony net stockings & dark as coal killer stilettos mmm, well a dude (in this case a dudette) has to give up something (not just food to get in that dress, actually I am giving up a canvas to a random winner who leaves a comment below) YES that's how much I want/NEED to sip rainbow cocktails in the land of Oz with all the people that actually ANSWERED their invites...

So... enjoying 'colourful' conversation and being tickled pink by mingling with the tantalising tit bits (sorry, does that sound rude?) that party goers will generously show & share, along with grabbing a sausage or two on my way around after downing a Orange Gin Fizz & Lime Mojito, mmmm so many colours... Well, let's just make believe (it is Oz after all) that I accepted the invite (I MEANT TOO) and just didn't rudely bash down that door or split the butt of my wiggle dress climbing through the window (I KNEW I shouldn't have nibbled that toast... OK? I BOUGHT PRESENTS, COME ONNNNN! and BTW... fave colour, well, that may have to be black, the one that absorbs all those others (whether in cocktail form or not)!

ALSO... Mr Randomiser reached his long slender hand into all the names that commented on my post for Holly's Vampire Soiree & came out with (queue disco music please) EMMA from Little Gothic Horrors! Congrats girl!

Now to add some Oma the Rainbow colour to my post ;) & will be seeing 'HUE' (yeah it's a crap pun but what the hell) over the weekend, and please, let me in!

Feeling Blue - Dorothy & Toto

Tickled Pink - Glinda

A Little Green - The Wicked Witch of the West
See you soon & leave a comment to go in the draw! Now I'm off... off to see the... come onnnnnn LOUD & PROUD... SING IT :)

27 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Congratulations, Emma!

I love your Wicked Witch, she's a cutie :)

Little Gothic Horrors said...

THANK YOU, SHELLE!!! *wildly happy dancing*

Yours is the first post I've seen for the Oz party and what a way to kick it off. I adore all three paintings.

Eeep! I just spotted the flying monkeys! ❤ ❤ ❤

Laura S Reading said...

I am in AWE! Not just that you plucked and primped for us but also by your talent. I want one to hang on my wall!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that I didn't get your name on my sidebar quicker....my bad. But it's my good now. And oh my stars aren't you ever good? You gave Oz the bestest threefer I've ever seen. Each and everyone is absotively, possilutely grand. How do you do it?????
As always you have made the Oziness even more splendid and particularly more colorful. Ya did brilliant. xoxo Oma Linda

Vickie said...

Oh MY!! What a way to kick off the party, and YEAH! reading about your escapade climbing in that window, did ya put a run in those stockings?? I sincerely hope not!

Yes, yes, YES~~ PLEASE add me to the give away, I have the purrrfect spot to hang one of those darlings.

Gina said...

*wedges open window to let Sneaky Slinky Shelle into the party*
"Look OMA!!!! *points to Shelle wiggling in* Shelle brought pressies!!!! Better cook more sausages :D XXX

Unknown said...

Oh your canvases are just darling! You have a style all of your own. I just love how you have combined/mixed your colors. I can't pick a favorite. I love your Oz post and I am so glad I got to stop by.

Hugs
Caroline

Coach Z said...

Hey Shell...

You have been busy! Wonderful art once again! I LOVE THE HUES! Come visit me at www.sanctispirituscoaching.com

Happy Oz Day!

JFM said...

Shelle, I have to say it...YOU ARE THE VERY BEST!!! Out of all of your gorgeous paintings, if I had to pick a favorite,which I do not have to, it would be your sweet, green witch!!! What a beauty!!!

Lots of love and hugs,
Jan

Anonymous said...

For some reasons, now all I can think about is "tit bits" and "sausages." It must be a genetic think, of course, *cough* just like this cough that attacks me every time I think something dirty *cough*.

So happy you decided to crash the party and bring your colors. I have my eye on that green witch, I'm crossing my fingers to see if I can put my hands on her, too!

Happy Hues of Oz!
Red Gold over the Rainbow

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Oh WOW! Love them! Would love to have one for my wall!!!

AutumnWind said...

What a great post! I love your work, all three are amazing. I am really glad I stopped by to visit!

Debi said...

Fashionably late I see! Well make mine a double rainbow cocktail and I love all 3..... Click,click,click another please!
Loved visiting, must shake- it out of here!
Kiss, Kiss......xoDebi

James C. Wallace II said...

What a fantastic set of artwork. I loved Dorothy's big 'ol eyes! If you're giving them away, count me in! Stilettos, stockings and cocktails, oh my!

James C. Wallace II
Royal Liaison of Oz

Kim said...

Hahaha! I am the same as Magaly..I just kept giggling at tit bits and sausages! my cats think I have gone mad! What a great post! and what stunning paintings!! I love the green!

Lynda Hardy said...

So I'm scrolling down and am all 'niiiice!!' over Dorothy and then "NIIIIIIICCCCEEE!!" over Glinda and then... 'ooohhhh, WIIICKED AWESOME' at Elphaba. Lovely work, as always!

Magic Love Crow said...

Shelle! You are so cool and funny girl! You have me laughing my head off! One of these days, we are going to meet! We are! I know we are ;o) I want us both wiggling in our black dresses, at the slot machines! LOL! I would love to win one of your paintings ;o) Glinda and The Wicked Witch of the West, are my fav ;o) All of them are truly fantastic! Hugs ;o)

audrey said...

Wow! Your Hues of Oz paintings are great!!! It has been fun visiting all the participants, but I especially like what you did.

denthe said...

these are great. Love the green witch the most. Had to search for the flying monkeys and couldn't find them. Until I was scrolling down again and suddenly there they were .... ;-)

Jo Murray said...

Hey there party girl! As they would've said some decades ago 'bop 'til you drop'. You've added a little more sunshine to my Sunny Coast day. Your Wicked Witch really grabs me.

Beansieleigh said...

..to see THE WIZARD!! LOVE your artwork!! Please do count me in for your drawing!.. Wish I could have participated this year, but hopefully next year. ~tina

Holly B. Strange said...

Congrats to Emma on winning your last giveaway!
I'd love to win this one. It's so hard to pick a favorite though. But I have to go with the Wicked Witch. She's so creepily cute!

April said...

Okay...you have the BEST IDEA!! We are ALL meeting for Rainbow Cocktails in OZ after the Initial celebration. We need to give a Toast to Oma Linda!!! I LOVE ALL YOUR ART but Dorothy and Toto feeling blue is my favorite!! Me and my Henry (My Baby Dog, my Daemon who is ill right now) identify TOTALLY with Blue Toto and Dorothy! LOVE!!

IrelandBrady said...

I just popped by to say "Hi" and see I should have visited sooner! Wow! I am loving each and everyone of your new hue ACEOs! Absolutely WONDERFUL!

Guillaume said...

It looks like a friendly Wicked Witch. I love the painting.

Faye said...

Such cool art work!

Faye said...

Such cool art work!