Sunday, September 13, 2015

29 Faces in September - Day 8, Day 9

Day 8 - Breathless
Day 8 - I asked my Big F what face I should do... he said 'underwater', when I asked my babe Memphis visiting home this weekend (also doing the 29 Faces Challenge, but pesky university essays taking up bulk chunks of drawing time) what I should call this, she said 'gulp' which I hope means it has captured the 'underwater' feel ;) so still on that path, but thinking 'breathless' as final title for Day 8... Limited Palette again - Banana Leaf green & Cyan (with carbon black & white) acrylic in my sketchbook.



Day 8 - Ethan
Ethan is a character from a HUGE tale, he is 14 years old with a mega back story, the story may one day be a manga/anime/card game (it should be) & I have been privvy to it's birth and development & often found myself sketching/painting one of babe Memphis' creations in a style half way between manga & well, god know what... and as I picked up my pencil today, I wanted to try something using my pastels, I now am covered in pastel powder, those little suckers spread pigment dust like nothing else, next time I use them I will not wear black ;)


8 comments:

MangaMem said...

I want it noted that I also said 'Bloop Bloop' but that was quickly rejected! Nice work Mum! But you already know what I think!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that under water! What an expressive and haunting painting!

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love the underwater face! She definitely captures underwater.
Lovely

Magaly Guerrero said...

"Breathless" is a wonderful name for the first face... But "Gulp" and "Bloop Bloop" made me laugh so hard that I could be persuaded. Then again, mayhap laughter is not the kind of reaction one desires around a nearly drowning person. *cough*

denthe said...

Wow, that first one really grabs my attention! Haunting...

Rommy said...

Breathless is a stunner. You really caught that feeling of gasping for just a bit more of what we need to sustain us. I like the sweetness of Ethan as well. Let me know when the story is ready :)

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love that Memphis had to add her two cents back into the convo.........channeling GK right now.
Breathless is just that, gosh the agony is real.
Ethan is quite tricky looking. Manga is the topic and subject of many sketches here for "she who is the talent in the family". When she gets home from school, I must show her Ethan.
much love to my fave Ozzie friend, xoxo Oma Linda

Magic Love Crow said...

Breathless is amazing! Ethan turned out brilliant!