Friday, June 23, 2017

Beautiful Freaks... welcome here.

OK, YES IT'S BEEN A WHILE... and YES I forgot (sorta kinda) how to post, and as I cough & splutter over my computer screen (I would have been cursing too but I've lost my voice) I realise there are some events that just need celebrating... ok & truth be told haven't shaved my legs, but their not quite sideshow alley length... yet... BUT THAT IS HOW SERIOUS I AM ABOUT TAKING PART in the...
BEAUTIFUL FREAKS FEST! Oh YES... ROLL UP, ROLL UP, 2 of my favourite Beautiful Freaks are having a blogfest, the WICKED & SHARP FANGED Magaly who has been released from her cage is hosting with the SUPREMELY DELICIOUSLY SPOOKY & VERY GOTH Emma
Love me

(detail)

As promised I have added onto this post (see below) with 2 more sweet freaks & want to remind all, there are many like us out there, recognising & sharing the unique beauty we find captures our imagination & often our hearts... not judging by the superficial as seems is a modern day pandemic & I wish all of you a magical blogfest and may the townsfolk never chase you with pitchforks & burning torches (yes... it is they that are the true, and often ugly freaks) xox
Portrait of Emma's Beautiful Freak... Drusilla

(detail)

Emma's Drusilla has claimed her position in my 'Beautiful Freaks' post & her exploits with other creatures of gothic beauty can be absorbed in Miss Wicked's (Magaly's) tales of the 'Camp Cute, Creepy and (quite conveniently) Remote' kind... start anywhere... read them all, because there is always room for a new hero to muse over ;)

 
I pull on my long striped socks & feel beautiful

(detail)

Whether a mole, hairy legs, missing limbs, or excess ones... all of us are 1 comment, 1 arseholes comment away from of taking on the 'freak mantle' like it is bad, because sometimes those full of bland & bile can feel better by instilling a sense of 'not good enough (insert words here) pretty/smart/fast/strong/thin/talented enough, in those they need to destroy to feel better... We are all freaks, it is called being human, not perfect, not produced by a machine, and I find that... beautiful

Thanks for dropping by, promise I'll be by to to see, read, absorb you real soon xox freak ;)

24 comments:

Holly said...

What a freaking beautiful bride, your talent amazes me every time . I will stop back by tomorrow to behold the next beauty.

http://gypsyspiritrising.blogspot.com/2017/06/beautiful-freaks-fest-2017.html

Victoria said...

Love her, so beautifully done...what a gorgeous soul! Sounds like a fun event I`d enjoy! Thanks for sharing your beautiful art!
Victoria

Kerry O'Connor said...

Your art always reveals the layers beneath the outward show.. shows what living can do to the soul.

J C said...

I just plain love your art, freaky or not.

Magaly Guerrero said...

First, I must say that I completely agree with Kerry. Your art un-buries truths and makes them dance colorful in the light (and in the dark, too). Your words are just a art-fully-powerful. Your description of Mistress Emma and moi had me rolling... and nodding.

The face of this Beautifully Freakish lady you've brought to life (to bite? She does have gloriously sharp teeth) is full of stories, and of a sadness... that touches the soul... and leaves it asking, "Why?"

And what J C said. :-)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Amazing artwork!!❤️ I am looking forward to seeing what you share next!!❤️

Sharon Rawson said...

I love your bride! I agree that she seems sad! and look forward to seeing what comes up the next few days! You and Magaly play off each other so well! I am always thrilled to see your work!

Little Gothic Horrors said...

As always, your painting is so beautiful, Shelle! I love the colours, and as Magaly has already mentioned, those delightfully sharp teeth!

And this:

"may the townsfolk never chase you with pitchforks & burning torches (yes... it is they that are the true, and often ugly freaks)"

TRUTH!!!
❤ ❤ ❤

Khaya Ronkainen said...

Your artwork is truly amazing. The lady looks rather sad, but I bet those sexy fangs can bite anything back to beautiful freakish life. Good to see you around the blogs, Shelle. Looking forward to seeing more of your art shares.

Gina said...

Even Monsters have a soulmate out there...hiding in the shadows maybe, but definitely out there :D Glad you made it to the party*hands you an open bottle of Shiraz...and a straw* XXX

Rommy said...

Her expression makes me wonder what it is she is seeing (or remembering) that makes her feel so wistful. The power mixed with vulnerability of this piece is terrific. Looking forward to tomorrow's offerings :)

Debi said...

I love to visit " THE Surfer Girl of the Goldcoast" magnificent Art! You ar correct, I'd like to stick many with a pitchfork, so many are DONE, & Burnt 😂👍❤️🇨🇦 I'm very happy I know where the true beauties can be found, click!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Right now, my squeals are a thing of shame (and probably intense annoyances to my neighbors). I so LOVE your portrait of Drusilla--you totally captured that grin! And the red, and the bugs from Camp, and the beverages, and... well, everything and then some.

And what can I say about the tailed beauty? She's perfect. Just like you said. Our little extras (and lack thereof) are the things that make us who we are: "human, not perfect, not produced by a machine, and I find that... beautiful".

Melancholy and Menace said...

I'm completely in awe of your artwork and especially love Drusilla! ♥

Magic Love Crow said...

Don't worry my friend, I haven't shaved my legs either! LOL!
Your art work AMAZING!!! Your words, touched my heart!!!
Keep being you Shelle!
Miss you!! Big Hugs!

Little Gothic Horrors said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Drusilla!!! ❤ ❤ ❤

You are FANG-TASTIC, Shelle!!!!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Fantastic art work! I really enjoyed this post.

Rhissanna said...

Ow wow. I love the curve of that body in the red striped socks. Beautiful

Victoria said...

Hi again..wow ..even more gorgeous and intriguing art..Love sweet little Drusilla..all your works are stunning and beautifully painted!
Fantastic post!

Anonymous said...

The colors and style of you creations is always, always, just pure eye-candy. Love your offerings and so glad to see them on this wonderful event.

Stacy M.S. said...

you are an amazing artist....wow! these are dark and lovely.

bhadra said...

this is delightful
ECM Services

jagbir said...

Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

Keep it up!

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Yes, maam, Im definitely a freeek.
Why?
Im a NDEr, baby.
B.4.warned, dear.
This 22ish blogOspherez are never
somethn you should just go ahead
N make a superficial guillotine after...
they'll cut-you-to-pieces, doll.

Make Your Choice -SAW